Thursday, April 19, 2018

Is there an outside of Nature?

(This post may need some gesticulation or a chart when we discuss it, because I am curious (and a little confused) about my question)


As we discuss Ecocriticism this week I have been thinking about the world outside of what is considered “Nature”, or possibly what is considered “Nature”. Is space and the universe considered Nature or is it outside of the realm of the setting that interacts with the characters, or is space lumped into the space of interaction in the text. If space isn’t considered Nature, is it because our Nature is man-made? Or is our Nature not man-made but a product of what came before the text? Can consider Nature outside of the text because the text is in the same realm, or should we only regard the Nature within the text, or the time period it is written in? I ask these questions because of the chart we viewed for Deconstruction week, guess Derrida stuck around in my head more than I expected him to.

(Also, nature...Nature?)


Image result for space gif
(Source: https://giphy.com/explore/space)

No comments:

Post a Comment