Friday, April 20, 2018

Nostalgia in nature

 When I tend to think of nature, I think of it in either two ways:  mysterious force not to be reckoned with, and a mirror to the past, beautiful, peaceful, and a memory instigator. That’s probably not the right word but it’s the best I could think of.  Why do we think of nature in either two ways. I feel like it’s a very black-and-white with thinking about it when nature itself has many different colors. There were times when I like to think back and think of my grandfather on the dock with his dog watching the sunrise. Peaceful water and a nice trip to woods made the day worthwhile. And then I think of my friend and I at 4 o’clock in the morning, without the dog,  finding ourselves almost being chased by deer with green glowing eyes at 4 o’clock in the morning.  Can we try to think of nature as it really is. The good the bad, apparently the seductive, and everything in between?

No comments:

Post a Comment