Friday, April 27, 2018

Thoughts on postcolonial theory

Ah yes, postcolonial theory. Whenever I think of that phrase I then think of that cartoon with Britain having its tentacles all over the rest of the world. I am pretty sure that was drawn in the early 1900s. I also think of the dark history of Belgian's King leopard II and his "Congo Free State." As much as I absolutely hate that way of thinking, it is interesting to think of it as a literary criticism. There is even quite a bit of this tied into Wilder`s "Long Christmas dinner." Since it takes place over 90 years, there is plenty of settler vs non settler and industrialization making its way into other countries. Like the aluminum business in China for instance. I didn't actually realize there was so much colonization/settler vs non settler until our director explained it to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment