Thursday, February 22, 2018

Separate Circles, Same Track?

In Frye’s Anatomy of Criticism the quote, “liberal knowledge is its own end” stuck out to me because I was wondering how we can truly come to a real ‘end’ in school of thought. Is there an end to philosophy? What about music theory? The opportunities to approach something differently are endless, but how mind blowing is it that we could probably never configure just all those ways? I think when I posted earlier I was channeling my (attempted) understanding of structuralism into frustration rather than open thought. Are there mixtures of schools of thought and theory? Or are they black and white and everyone will be grouped into one exclusive school of thought?

Me before I opened my mind:
Image result for thats my opinion gif
(Source: https://tenor.com/view/real-housewives-thats-my-opinion-opinion-shout-yell-gif-3984951)
Me after I opened my mind:
Image result for head explosion gif
(Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/NZrRI)

No comments:

Post a Comment