Thursday, April 12, 2018

Mindblown, When Understood... I Think

One thing that stuck in my mind from deconstruction was that there are no outside texts, rather everything is a text. In other theories you stick to what is strictly mentioned in the text or refer to "outside texts" but if everything that is considered "outside" is really part of the main text, there are many more possibilities when exploring meaning. But what also stuck with me is the idea of trying to explain a word without using the opposite of it or the word itself. Something that blew my mind when I finally understood what was being said, with both things that stuck with me. It was an "aha" moment.

This is all still a bit confusing to me, but I think I get a general understanding of the theory. Maybe today will help any questions I may still have, even if I don't know what exactly those questions might be.

Image result for mind blown gif

https://giphy.com/gifs/neil-patrick-harris-vegas-sin-city-msriR5ybSpQgo

No comments:

Post a Comment