Thursday, April 12, 2018

Mind=Boggled!!

So sad to miss a PQQ day! :(

I think what captivated me the most about this theory was Dr. MB's diagram/drawing/book/text thing. I'll be honest, I still don't fully understand how this criticism is applied to reading, but the idea of the text being inside of everything else, which is just a larger text, really got me thinking. To think that a single text exists inside of everything else (which is all a text), and that nothing exists outside of everything, is mind boggling. If it doesn't exist in language, it doesn't exist. Trying to imagine something that doesn't exist is absolutely mind-blowing.
https://quotefancy.com/quote/1161514/Jacques-Derrida-There-is-nothing-outside-the-text
My question for today is: if something only exists if it exists within our language, and one language has a word for something while another does not, does that thing really exist for the speakers of the language that does not have a word for it?? Maybe this is a silly question, because to someone it exists, but perhaps not to everyone.
https://www.reactiongifs.us/i-dont-even-project-runway/
Here's Tim Gunn showing exactly how I feel about this criticism because I've watched eight seasons of Project Runway in the last three weeks... someone pls help me

No comments:

Post a Comment