Friday, April 13, 2018

My Brain Has Been Deconstructed

Well, this has been an interesting week...I’ve just learned that words are technically meaningless and cannot express meaning. Everything seemed like a fog last class so just when I thought I was understanding some of Derrida’s language and ideas, I was sucked back into the thoughts of “Huh?...”

 I love the French language, but not necessarily the aggravating philosophers of the 1950s. Maybe it is just the translation to English, but I just get so confused. It seems like he wants to fool with you in his writing. They also claim a text “can be read as something quite different from what it appears to be saying” that means the text can prevent its purpose and betray itself.


That being said, I've looked up pictures of Derrida and was surprised to find this
It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment