Thursday, April 19, 2018

Nature, Nature, And More Nature!

One thing that stood out to my from this week was the idea that when nature is being discussed, it is typically romanticized and it is a form of nature that no longer exists. Many have a desire to be in the nature of long ago, before towns and cities and civilization tore most of it down and built a "jungle" of it's own. And one question in particular made me stop and come up with one of my own. Dr. Gottfried asked when the last time we had been in nature was. I wonder, what do we consider nature? Is nature simply the outdoors where a few trees surround you, is it a hiking trail where along the path there are marks of human intervention, or is it being somewhere completely detached from civilization where human intervention is little to none? If it's the latter, I don't think that's possible in most areas, if not all. There doesn't seem to be much land that has been untouched. So, is there a true form of nature at all, or has our definition of nature changed because of that?
Here's a picture of my cat Louie. He's so calm and I've had a stressful week so here's my calm cat to help me and anybody else who's stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment